How to Prepare your Property for Winter
The cold weather is on its way and the Christmas wrapping paper is already in the shops! Therefore, we have put together a small list of things you can do to prepare and maintain your property through the winter months:
- We would always recommend you test your central heating system before you cannot do without it. It might be that some of your radiators need bleeding, or your boiler needs to be repressured - please refer to the blogs on our website for instructions on how to do this.
- Get your gutters cleaned and ensure there is no buildup of moss on your roof which could cause blockages in the guttering. Also check the roof is in good condition, with no threat of loose tiles or slate.
- Store your garden furniture, particularly if high winds are forecast.
- Check your home insurance is up to date! Weather damage can often be costly so ensure you have all the cover you need to give you peace of mind.
- Take steps to prevent the buildup of mould such as; always using your extractor fans in the kitchen/bathroom or opening your windows to ensure the property is ventilated, keep the household heating on a lower level for a longer period and dry clothes in a tumble dryer or outside where possible.